There are many types of diets for cats. Dietary needs can differ from cat to cat, depending on whether your cat is highly active or more sedentary, or if your cat is young, middle-aged, or a senior. Generally, cats are carnivores and require high protein, high moisture, low carbohydrate diets. Here are some surprising facts about cat diets:
- 60% of cats are classified as clinically overweight or obese.
- Feeding your cat 10-15 pieces of kibble is the equivalent of one mouse.
- A cat on a dry food diet consumes approximately half the amount of water compared to a cat on a canned wet food diet.
- The average dry cat food contains 35-50% carbohydrate, while most canned foods contain less than 10% carbohydrates. Therefore, canned diets are the preferred diet over dry.
- 43% of cat owners buy wet cat food on a weekly basis.
Now you can get your cat’s dietary needs sent to your doorstep every month. Sign up for Autoship today and get free shipping!